• Artie claims that the beauty of the sword rests not in its appearance, but in the way was originally forged. He waxes poetic when he says "it was a hammered and folded blade, with millions of layers of steel and a carbon content that's right off the charts. And each layer only atoms – atoms thick."
• It was lost in history and the incomplete blade was rediscovered at a dig site in Okinawa, Japan in 2009.
• The blade is so perfectly forged that its balanced and alignment make it possible for light to split in its path and go around the person holding it, rendering them invisible if the blade is held point up and directly in front of them.
• The idea of bending light was originally proposed by Sir Isaac Newton in 1704 at the end of his treatise on the nature of optics. Little was done with the idea until it was revived in 1911 by Albert Einstein when he wrote "On the Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of Light" and which he continued to refine and correct into more a elegant theory through 1915 when he completed his general theory of relativity.
• The Honjo Masamune is one of the most controversial and important swords of Japan its current ware about are not known to anybody.
Here are some original pictures of the blade of Honjo Masamune
Undoubtedly the HONJO MASAMUNE is one of the most powerful, important and a legendary sword, such a sword could not be produced again, the skill and art used to produce such a wonderful sword is lost somewhere in history. It is a really amazing sword with amazing properties forged with amazing science, tradition and workmanship...